BMT Oceanica was established as a private Australian company in July 2000, and was initially known as DAL Science & Engineering (DALSE), DALSE had been created by the transfer of staff and clients from D.A. Lord & Associates (established in 1988) when the founder, Dr Des Lord, took up an academic posting at the University of Western Australia.
On 1 January 2013, Oceanica Consulting Pty Ltd became a part of BMT Group, with our name changing to BMT Oceanica on 1 October 2013.
Joining BMT Group has allowed us to focus on building a resilient, independent future based on long-term plans. Our staff and clients have benefited from this change through:
- enhanced opportunities for professional growth
- being a part of a global Employee Benefit Trust structure such all staff share in the success of BMT Oceanica and the BMT Group
- being part of an organisation which focuses on quality and research and development
- being part of an organisation which puts long-term objectives of staff and clients over short-term events
- our culture of providing high-quality service in the marine and coastal areas being enhanced by the offerings of BMT Group’s other operating companies
- BMT Oceanica being backed by the greater financial and management strength of BMT Group